During these trying times, we have a lot of DIY landlords asking our Live Oak property management team just what it is we can do to improve their rental business during and after the COVID-19 crisis. You may even be asking, “What exactly are the responsibilities of a property manager? What can a Live Oak property management company do for my rental home?”
From maintenance and repairs to tenant management and collecting rent, property managers oversee all of the day-to-day operations of your property—as well as major big-picture issues. While “business as usual” has certainly changed in the face of the novel Coronavirus, it still holds that the greatest benefit of working with a professional property management company is the increased profitability of your rental property.
To enjoy the landlord peace of mind that comes from knowing your property is in good hands, let’s dive into what your Live Oak property management partner handles for you—before, during, and after any crisis.
Property Manager Responsibilities
First and foremost, we make ongoing communication our first priority.
- We make it our responsibility to ensure that you’re always kept in the loop and never have to wonder what’s going on in your property.
- We also reciprocate this level of communication with our residents to ensure they are always up to date.
- This includes a secure online account provided by our team, through which you can easily stay informed on all property activities, and your renters can pay their rent seamlessly.
Marketing and Advertising
One of the most difficult parts of being a landlord is advertising your property. Every day your property sits vacant equals money being taken out of your pocket, which is why we have comprehensive marketing and advertising strategy designed to fill every unit quickly. It includes online advertising on high-traffic rental and classified websites, as well as a team of specialists who are ready to respond quickly to inquiries from prospective tenants.
Tenant Screening and Selection
You don’t just want any tenants—you want great tenants.
- Our thorough applicant screening process includes credit, criminal background, and sex offender registry checks, along with employment verification and rental history.
- We take on the challenge of finding the right renters who will pay rent on time and treat your property with respect.
We use a detailed rental analysis to help you determine how much your property should rent for, and offer a professionally prepared leasing agreement that you can use.
- Our team will make sure all the necessary contracts are executed correctly.
- We do a leasing walk-through with the tenant so that they completely understand the terms of the lease before signing.
- We also ensure that all rents, deposits, and fees are paid and recorded in your online account.
Late or missing rent payments affect your bottom line in a big way, and your Live Oak property management team is responsible for making sure that doesn’t happen.
- We diligently collect rent every month and deposit it into your account in a timely fashion.
- We take pride in treating each tenant respectfully and fairly and include incentives for paying rent on time.
- Even so, our rent collection process is still firm and professional—so you never have to handle hunting down late rent payments.
- We offer thorough, regular inspections of your property inside and out.
- Our detailed inspections on move-in and move-out day include thorough documentation and photographs to make sure your property is in the expected condition.
- Inspections are also essential for assessing needed repairs and maintenance before they become an issue.
- Not only is maintenance one of the greatest expenses you face as a landlord, but it can also be one of the biggest drains on your time if you choose to it yourself.
- Our maintenance specialists provide timely, cost-effective repairs and upkeep, along with access to a wide range of contractors and vendors.
- This ensures that every aspect of your property maintenance is covered, from routine HVAC service and landscaping to emergency repairs.
- In the event that a tenant must be evicted, we offer strict and compliant evictions.
- Our staff is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to Texas rental property law, allowing us to initiate the proper legal steps if a tenant does not pay rent, or breaks the terms of their lease.
- We hope it’s never necessary to oust a renter from your property, but our Eviction Protection Program protects you if it is.
- Maximizing your profits and minimizing your expenses are some of our biggest priorities.
- We use a centralized accounting system to keep all your property management financial information organized and accessible in one place.
- You’ll get your own account and password, so you are always able to access every detail of your property’s finances.
Learn More About Live Oak Property Management
At Real Property Management Campanas, we understand that different property owners are working with different budgets—especially in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. The impact of the pandemic has affected our entire community across the board, but some have been impacted more heavily than others.
That’s exactly why we offer different levels of service packages so that the property owners we serve can take advantage of extra services depending on your needs and budget. Our Premium Package, for example, includes up to $2,000 in pet damage coverage, as well as a discount on professional marketing materials, photos, and videos (the latter are also free of charge with our Peace of Mind Package).
Our Live Oak property management team is dedicated to operating your rental property as smoothly as possible and maximizing your earnings, even in the face of hardship. These are just some of the ways we serve our property owners in the San Antonio area. However, not all property management companies in Live Oak and the greater San Antonio area can provide the same level of service.
Even when our community wasn’t facing the challenges associated with social distancing, property owners couldn’t afford to get tangled up with a Live Oak property manager who couldn’t keep their properties profitable. Now, more than ever, you need to be sure you’re picking the best property partner.
If you are interested in having your property managed by Real Property Management Campanas, have more questions, or just want to speak to one of our team members, then contact us online or call us directly at (210) 314-1039 today!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.